It is important to note that any arrangements outlined on this page and in the documents below, are subject to change and we will inform you of any modifications where appropriate.
NOTIFICATIONS TO PARENTS/CARERS REGARDING SUSPECTED/CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19
Within school, we are continuing to manage the risks of COVID-19 infection. As many of you may already know, the government issued new guidance on the 16 August for schools.
- People who are fully vaccinated, and under 18s, do not have to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact. Instead, they are expected to take a PCR test and the NHS will inform them what next steps they have to take.
- Under 18s who are identified as close contacts – and are asymptomatic - do not have to isolate while waiting for PCR test result.
- Those not fully vaccinated will still need to isolate if they are close contacts.
- Symptomatic individuals and those that record a positive PCR test result must self-isolate.
- Everyone will still have to self-isolate if they test positive, to protect themselves and others.
Contact and support during school closure
Please contact school staff via their email address during school closure. Staff will aim to respond within 24 hours.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
A helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)