Meet our Governors
At Lanercost, the governors play a large part in supporting the staff and children, helping to provide an excellent education for each individual. If you need to contact the Governors please use either the Chair's or the Clerk's email address below:
The Governors duties include:
- Setting the strategic direction, policies and objectives
- Approving the budget
- Reviewing progress against the budget and objectives
- Challenging and supporting senior staff
- Playing a part in appointing staff
Our Governing Body is made up of:
- Staff representatives (teaching)
- Community governors, including parents
- Other local sponsors with an interest in education
- Foundation governors (church)
- Local authority governor
Our Governing Body is in accountable for:
- the use of public funds
- the quality of education provided
- the wider contribution to the community
The governing body is made up of two foundation governors, two co-opted governors, two parent governors, one local authority governor and one community governor. There is also one staff governor and the headteacher.
None of our governors have governing roles in other schools.
There are a number of sub-committees which report to the full governing body, including:
- Finance and Pay
- Teaching and Learning
- Premises and Health/Safety
- Staffing and Performance Management
- Safeguarding, SEND and Child Protection
- First Appeal
A Prayer to Open Meetings:
We ask you to send your spirit upon us that,
as the days and terms unfold,
we may be always mindful of your presence
and alert to opportunities to see and serve you in those around us.
We pray that we may teach well by the example of our own lives,
by our knowledge and love of learning,
by our gentleness and care of the pupils entrusted to us.
In all that we do and say,
we pray that, in building up the community of our school,
we may contribute to the betterment of society
and to the Kingdom of your Son, Jesus Christ,
for your greater glory.