Lanercost Church of England Primary School
Lanercost Church of England Primary is a small, friendly school which provides an education based on brilliant basics and magical moments. We are also very fortunate to have our own excellent nursery attached to the school.
Strong Christian values and ethos along with British values are evident in our teaching and learning, enabling children to make very good progress and preparing them for life in Britain today. We seek to provide high achievement and learning for life by working with the school’s community.
To help us achieve our vision for all children at Lanercost, we aim to ensure that:
- Community is at the heart of the school and underpins all that we do. We seek to build positive life-long partnerships and mutual respect within our school; families; the Church and wider community.
- A safe and nurturing environment where our Christian and British values help all our children and staff feel valued, cared for and develop positive, compassionate relationships with others.
- All children are given opportunities to develop their understanding of Christianity as a contribution to their knowledge of the world and their own experience within it. This helps them make informed choices about how they wish to live their lives.
- A strong, broad, stimulating curriculum is taught, promoting a lifelong love of learning and enables all children to be successful and to fulfil their divine potential.
- All children become empathetic members of society who embrace the needs of others and consider the views of all.
- All children are empowered to take responsibility for their impact on the world. We will promote healthy lifestyle choices, emotional well-being and resilience to adapt to life’s challenges.