Lanercost Church of England Primary School
Lanercost Church of England Primary is a small, friendly school which provides an education based on brilliant basics and magical moments. We are also very fortunate to have our own excellent nursery attached to the school.
Strong Christian values and ethos along with British values are evident in our teaching and learning, enabling children to make very good progress and preparing them for life in Britain today. We seek to provide high achievement and learning for life by working with the school’s community.
Aims of Lanercost School
To help us achieve our mission statement we will:
- Community is at the heart of the school ethos and underpins all that we do. We seek to build positive partnerships and mutual respect within our school; families; the Church and wider community.
- We will provide a safe and nurturing environment underpinned by our Christian and British values in which all children feel valued, are cared for and develop positive relationships with others.
- All children are given opportunities to develop their understanding of Christianity as a contribution to their knowledge of the world and their own experience within it and make informed choices about how they wish to live their lives.
- We will provide a creative and stimulating curriculum which promotes a lifelong love of learning and enables all children to be successful and to fulfil their potential.
- Through the promotion of the four British values, we aim to help children become empathetic members of society who are tolerant to the needs and views of all.
- We will empower children to take responsibility for their impact on the world. We will promote healthy lifestyle choices, emotional well-being and resilience to adapt to life’s challenges.